The Conservatives’ Help to Buy scheme is helping families across the country achieve their dream of owning their own home.
Here are 6 things you need to know about the scheme:
- It’s helped over 50,000 people buy a home of their own
- 82% of those helped have been first-time buyers
- 94% of sales have been outside London
- The average price of a house bought is about £187,000 – well below the national average
- It’s giving builders the confidence to build – and private sector house-building has increased by 34%
- It’s helped create jobs, with the number of workers being taken on in the housing sector increasing at the fastest rate in 17 years
Help to Buy is part of our long-term economic plan to give people more security and a better future – and it’s helped tens of thousands of families and first-time buyers get on the housing ladder and get on in life.